Full-Width Version (true/false)

LightBlog

Breaking

LightBlog

2/16/2022

Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale

Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale, Large Blue LCD Backlight Display, High Precision Measurements,6mm Tempered Glass, 400 Pounds

BrandEtekcity
MaterialGlass
Item Weight1.68 Kilograms
Readout Accuracy0.1kg
Weight Limit400 Pounds

 hey what's up mindy whoa that can't be right so i weighed myself this morning and i was 185 with just straight waking up no liquids just you know doing my morning routine and then coming home from work after a full day of drinking water coffee eating i weighed myself again five additional pounds and my body fat went up point seven percent  i don't think that's correct so let's  talk about it all right what's going on guys my name is wes and this is dirty it's been on my bathroom floor what can i say this is my bathroom scale and specifically this is the one that uses bia to give me body fat percentage or bioelectrical impedance analysis and pecifically this one is a foot to foot because you stand on it with your feet and it shoots one very undetectable inuscule amount of electricity up one foot goes up into your body back down and then the other and then the processor or the little computer in here measures the resistance levels and spits back out the lean muscle mass the body water composition of your body and a body fat reading now what i just said there is it goes from foot to foot so this one specifically only measures the bottom half of your body because if we can try to remember from physics class electricity is lazy if you think about lightning and lightning storm that's why the tallest buildings usually are always get struck if before anything else at the bottom so what this is doing is going up one foot it's not going to go all the way up and measure all the resistance in your body it's going to go back down through the other one in the shortest path possible and that's what makes these types of scales highly inaccurate and studies have shown as much as eight percent off I mean just this reading that I just showed this morning I measured at 13.5 percent body fat i would say based on my progress I may even be under or around there to get a good reading but for me to gain 0.7 percent  from this morning to now is it's just  not possible hat's because this morning when I measured I was just completely empty and now after drinking water and coffee and eating three meals plus I have all of a sudden added extra and that's again because of the electricity being shot up into the body and back down to the other foot now there are also issues of the accuracy because of all of our different ethnicities and how our bodies are composed for example myself I am half polynesian and half caucasian so I don't necessarily have the same composition as someone else who is pure caucasian or african American or middle eastern there's a study called is biological impedance accurate for use in large epidemiological studies and within that study, they looked at a huge amount of data from over 1600 studies who that used bia and from there they couldn't gain confidence that the bia  information was accurate across all  because in one study it would show yes you can use it for pregnant caucasian women or you could use it over here for children or you know just anything across the board because what these scales also have and some have patented proprietary algorithms that will take those readings and perform their own interpretation of the data and unless they publish it or let you know or if you can go in the patent and understand what they're saying you're not going to understand how they're doing it so what i'm trying to get at with these scales is that numerous studies have shown they're inaccuracy yet they're still very popular consumer products i knew this going into it and I still bought one but I bought a cheap one because I'll tell you the best way to use these studies now I believe my body fat is probably actually around somewhere below 13 I went through a big cutting phase when the whole quarantine thing started initially according to the readings which I took at the same time every day under the same conditions  I started out at about 205 pounds and 51  body fat when it's quarantined started I knew it could go one of two ways it could go i'm gonna gain a lot of weight i'm not gonna exercise and I'm just gonna get bigger or i'm gonna use this time to challenge myself really narrow down my macros my calories monitor it continue working out and see how much I can cut within that time period and I ended up cutting according to the data of my scale about twenty pounds and two percent body fat now I can't confidently tell people that  the reading on this is my actual body fat like I could say you know I'm 13.5 body fat which is my lowest reading but what I can do is use it only as a tool  to measure progression  and that's what I did so now that we know that these scales are inaccurate and shouldn't be trusted as far as confidence of this is my actual body composition we can look at the data for example my app shows me my muscle mass my subcutaneous fat and my body fat percentage and those are the tools that I kept track of like I did not care about my weight so every morning I would measure at the same time I would do my morning routine i would make sure there's no water in my system and I would be completely naked before my shower because I didn't want anything to be on my person at which point the electric the electricity would have some sort of negative effect on it now I don't think like clothing is going to have an effect because again it's staying within my system but you know i wanted to keep all conditions the same and that's how I did it and that's how I kept the most accurate readings because from one day the next I mean I just gained technically 0.7 body fat according to the scale however I'm gonna wake up in the morning have my routine and I should be back to normal so when you're looking at these scales unless you're going to buy a very expensive in-body machine for home use or go get a dexa scan this is something that you can use to measure progress and occasionally if you want to you can take a tape measure and measure your measure your waist measurements because that's not something you want to do every day if you're trying to measure progress so just something I wanted to share because I've used this as a very good tool to cut and that my before and after photos look great at least in my opinion so i think they have their use their home use but you got to be very careful on how you're using it and don't be discouraged if it doesn't seem like you're making progress because perhaps you're taking measurements at different times a day which can really have a negative effect on your motivation all right so if you like the review hit the like button comment if you have any questions or if you have any suggestions on what else I could review or have some input on until next time follow that way and hit that bell for some notifications because I'm going to do more reviews and yeah get out there and do something awesome peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hi guys thank you for comment

Adbox