Full-Width Version (true/false)

LightBlog

Breaking

LightBlog

2/16/2022

Watercolor Pad



Canson 100510941 XL Series Watercolor Pad, 1 Pack, Multicolor

BrandCanson
ColorMulticolor
MaterialPaper
Paper FinishWatercolor
Paint TypeWatercolor

 hey everyone in today's review we are going to check out the Henson Excel what a color hat kenzan is a company with a very long history they started making paper in 1557 in France so that's like four hundred over years ago so for this watercolor pet it's cold pressed paper the paper is acid-free there are 30 sheets in this pet it's quite thick this is a 9 by 12-inch dimension the paper weight is 300 GS m even though the a custom paper is labeled as having cold pressed texture this is more of a fine green rather than coal press on the right side this is the Daler Rowney aqua fine watercolor paper this is a cold pressed texture so from what I can see is this is definitely much smoother it's not hot price yet because the hot price is even smoother compared to this fine green paper I'll be testing the paper with some wet-on-wet techniques, this is to see how good the paper is and blending colors good watercolor paper should be able to let the colors blend together gradually softly this is cellulose paper so the durability of the paper is not going to be as good compared to cotton paper usually for such paper it's good for pen-and-ink sketches with maybe two or even three layers of what color but not too much it's not that paper fiber may come off coated paper is definitely more durable and not just that with this particular paper because there is a reason a lot of texture on the paper if you keep lazing on it the paper will not be able to absorb the watercolor right now this is pretty wet this is a new gum Bosch we will let the color blend into the paper this is not too bad next I'm going to paint wet area and then painting vertical strokes to see if the colors they can diffuse so this is a new gamboge again so when the wash is still wet I'm going to paint some strokes with me so let's see if the red stroke see if it can diffuse with good watercolor paper the paint should be able to diffuse softly and blend softly so here it doesn't seem like I can do so so on the Left we have you can Bosch we have a lot of new kibosh and on the right we have pyro vermilion and now let me tilt the paper and see the colors can run this is a bit too much water so let me just take up take out some of the water this is not blending as nicely as I want it to be so let me try again this time I'm going to paint the whole thing with new gamboge  and then I'm going to put the red paint  here like this and that it sort of run down so I'm Tooting the paper like this so that the rate ping can run down but there is not a lot of movement here even though that what the wash is do you wet the paint has dried let's take a closer look so here I try to blend the color into the white of the paper and there is some blending but this is a bit too abrupt this does not learn as gradually as I want it to be in the next example I painted several strokes of colors onto a wet wash I wanted the colors to land softly to diffuse into the new gamboge but you can still see very visible vertical strokes here I use a lot of water that's why it's pale but here you can see the blending it's not as diffused as I wanted to be here I had two colors one on the left one on the right I shifted paper to let the colors blend together but it I was they don't even really move much I mean they move up to the mid point here but they don't move further than that even though the wash was really wet and here I painted the whole thing with new gun Bosch added the rate on the site here and try to let rate slow down but it just stops here and is blending here this is quite a broad as well so how should good watercolor paper behave let me show you this paper is bob brianna loses peanut paper it's 35 percent cotton if I remember it correctly so here we can see that colors they blend into each other very softly there is nothing abrupt here the transition is not abrupt here I have a wet wash I painted some strokes onto the wash and you can see the colors it diffuse out very softly this is how paint should spread out should diffuse on good paper so when you have this versus the so you can start to see how distracting the abrupt color transition can be all right now I'm going to paint a sketch using this paper here's a sketch I have drawn on the Kennison paper with pencil before I color this let me show you the pencil texture on the paper so this is how the graphite looks on this paper texture so this is definitely a smoother compared to go pressed paper let me start by wetting the sky I want to paint the sky with ultramarine and let the colors blend from the blue to the white of the paper maybe this is a bit too much paint now the paper it doesn't absorb water as well compared to cotton paper so a lot of water is going to run on the paper and sometimes they can create streaking mugs like this I mean just touch up this area here let's create some puffy clouds here next I'm going to use the ultramarine with burnt sienna to paint some of the shadows here this whole area here is in shape so let me paint this I'm going to charge in some burnt sienna put a growl here I'm going to use Newcombe Bush mixed with the pyro rate I've got this part should be great as well let me try and glaze over this area and see how the paper handles glazing I think it handles glazing fine so this is the completed sketch I noticed I have drawn the window grilles using the white hand gel pen all right let's take a closer look this is French ultramarine and this is the type of granulation you can expect on this paper very fine green texture paper I will see that you can handle what color quite well if you do not use a lot of water because as mentioned earlier the water will run on the surface the paper doesn't assume water that well so you have to control your water usage properly this is 300 GSM paper so the paper is quite thick but if you do use a lot of water the paper is still good and buckles slightly you can definitely get some color transitions but blending will not be as gradual the blending is going to happen in very small errors like this glazing works well but I don't think this paper is capable of handling a lot of place anyway you shouldn't use so many layers two and three layers should be fine I use some white gel pen here as well this kind of granulation is actually very  when the wash is still wet I tried to blend ultramarine with burnt sienna and this is the effect I can see some the transition from the blue to the Grays so for small areas I think blending it works fine just that for large areas but I think it doesn't work that well here's another example where the the area is rather small and the blending it looks if you want to use pen and ink with this paper I think it's an excellent choice because these paper handles pen and ink quite well the lines they are very sharp this paper definitely has its limitations if you walk around the limitations you should be fine if you ask the paper to do something that you cannot do and you're only going too fast rate yourself the paper texture on this side is fine green on the other side it's even smoother so this is definitely not suitable for painting I think this paper is good for smaller paintings if you're going to paint large you may have to work very quickly you have to work in a more controlled manner to get predictable results because results like this I don't think they are very nice they are quite distracting actually but for smaller paintings like this well control areas small areas you can still use wet-on-wet technics and that's a point and colors they actually look quite vibrant on this paper so the paper doesn't out download the colors which are great and that's all for my review today if you have any questions let me know in the comments section if you are also using this paper to paint and draw I'll love to hear from your experience and by the way if you want to check out the review for the concern XL mixed media paper the link will be in the post description below thanks for watching see you in the next post bye English (auto-generated) All From your search Watercolor painting Sketchbooks Illustrations Related From Teoh Yi Chie Recently uploaded Watched






No comments:

Post a Comment

hi guys thank you for comment

Adbox