Full-Width Version (true/false)

LightBlog

Breaking

LightBlog

2/09/2022

MICROSDXC CARD


SanDisk 256GB microSDXC-Card, Licensed for Nintendo-Switch - SDSQXAO-256G-GNCZN

BrandSanDisk
Flash Memory TypeMicro SD
Hardware InterfaceMicroSDXC
Secure Digital Association Speed ClassClass 10
Memory Storage Capacity256 GB

I know it has been an entire month since the last time I have uploaded a blog which is why when I'm coming back finally after being gone for a while I wanted to make sure I had something really exciting for you that would make it worth me coming back so of course today I'm going to be unboxing a micro SD card I know really really exciting stuff try to contain your excitement I know it's not every day that you get to watch someone open up a micro SD card probably because no one has ever gone to their blogger search bar and looked up micro SD card unboxing but hey it popped up in your subscription feeds so congratulations this is a 256 gigabyte micro SDXC card from SanDisk and it is the largest capacity official Nintendo license Nintendo switch memory card now if you were a really smart and frugal buyer then you could just buy the exact same SPECT card from SanDisk themselves and maybe say you 5 or 10 bucks but for me I just wanted to have the official license one it's worth the extra 5 or 10 bucks look at has a golden star on it that that's  worth it right there I'm pretty sure I  have unboxed pretty much everything else on this table at one point or another except for the gold Mario amiibo I scrapped that post I remember that distinctly that was really bad but all the rest you should be able to find if you want to but they're all pretty old so taking a look at the front of the package here you can see these  sendest branding because it is a SanDisk  product first and foremost but also some of the Nintendo switch product branding staples such as a switch logo in the corner and the official Nintendo seal of quality because this is a Nintendo switch licensed by nintendo product the different sizes of SD cards have different prints on them this one has Mario and the superstar it's a 256-gigabyte card which is the largest of the officially licensed Nintendo switch micro SD cards of course you can't get micro SD cards with larger space and they will work in the switch but this is the highest capacity officially licensed one your read speeds on this is gonna be a hundred mega per second and the write speeds 90 of course that does depend on the use case you're not gonna get that all the time but that's the maximum available and if you're curious it does work with the Nintendo switch light as well I kind of thought that was a given but I guess not the back is mostly mumbo-jumbo except in this corner this thing is water proof temperature proof shockproof and x-ray proof not sure if that matters since it's gonna be in the console the whole time but I guess their data is gonna be decently safe so let me go ahead and find some scissors so we can actually cut along the cut line I am actually gonna cut the opposite way of what they said to cut so I guess not the tops cut off we can kind of squeeze it out I'm not exactly sure how this works the gain appears to be accomplished literally nothing by cutting it on the cut line note make yeah we have a spark I would recommend cutting it a little bit under the cut line if any of you guys have this is because that will I didn't think that was gonna open that was just a lucky lucky cash there so the micro SD card is actually packaged in this little piece of plastic that's inside of the actual cardboard there is a pull tab in the corner that's a little bit hard to to pull when all else fails we still have our scissors you've gotta be kidding me it's a very thin film of plastic that's actually over it so I wonder if I could get you to get a knife and cut it very close very close okay I think we think we got we got it we got it I don't know if that was just a me  problem or if that would be an anybody  problem but that was a little difficult to get out of there as you can see it is just to the micro SD card itself here because they don't expect you to be connecting this to a computer or anything else so it does not actually include the regular SD card adapter that is usually included with most of Santa's micro SD cards I already have like 2000 of those laying around anyway so I really don't need it so I'm kind of glad that this didn't come with it but this is a reusable protective case for the actual micro SD card so you can continue to store it in here whenever you need to take out of your switch for whatever reason but there it is I'm gonna try not to put my fingers on me into contacts too much it is yellow in the cards are different colors for the different sizes at least for the official Nintendo switch license one you can see it says a Nintendo switch to notate that it is a license card saying this 256-kilobyte micro SDXC and then there's a little Power Star on it was just for fun it was totally worth the extra five or ten bucks I spent on getting an official license micro SD card because not everyone else's micro SD card has a yellow star on it another thing is literally gonna be in the system and no one's gonna see the yellow star and know that I bought it yeah it doesn't matter you can very easily transfer data between micro SD cards on a computer however I don't have an SD card slot in any form on my computer and I don't feel like paying for an adapter just for this so we are gonna try and transfer all the data over just using the switch which is going to be a little bit of a tedious process I'll show you how we're gonna do that but first, we're actually gonna install the SD card and the switch so you lift up the kickstand of course and that's where the micro SD card slot is and we can pop out the old SanDisk Ultra Plus 64 gigabyte card and put in the brand new yellow gold Power Star 256 gigabyte card and I'll click in and that's that see if the card matches my Joey cons I knew what I was doing so now we're gonna power the system back on begin the data transfer sequence I forgot to mention you do need to shut the console is completely off not just sleep mode shut it down before you take a micro SD card out that is a that might go without saying but that just gonna  the point that out so basically we're going  to wants to go through this system  settings and data management and you can  see this micro SD card only has the Nintendo switch system formatting actually stored on it there's no data on it yet so we're going to move data between system and micro SD card and basically we want to clear out the system memory so we are going to select literally, everything that is stored on  system memory right now and we are going to move it all over to the micro as ecard so that'll free up as much system memory as possible so it's moving data this may take a hot second 13 minutes its estimating this process is going to be much more tedious than I originally thought not really tedious just time-consuming just cuz it's which takes a long time to move data between the system memory and micro SD card I guess this would be a good time to actually elaborate on my plan of what I'm trying to do traits frame you did it between the cards using only the switch and not any kind of external computer or anything so right now I'm moving everything from the system memory onto the micro sd card I already said that you already know that then the system memory will be empty will shove a switch off put the old card back in transfer as much data off of the old card as possible onto the system memory then put the new card back in then transfer everything over to the new card again and just repeat the process until the old micro sd card is empty about game data assuming this will take about two maybe three goes because the system memory is 32 gigabytes the SD card is 64 but then you have to account for things like the system firmware and stuff so may actually end up taking three goes yeah we might be here a while at least this is actually an option now because when the switch first came out the only way to transfer data across micro SD cards were by plugging the micro SD cards into a computer you basically have to copy everything off of one micro sd card onto a computer and then put the next micro SD card in and copy everything from the computer that was off the first back into the second and that was really the only way to transfer data because the switch didn't actually let you control where the data was being stored and transferred or anything so it's good that Nintendo actually went in and added this feature so if people don't have a computer or don't have a micro SD card slot on their computer and don't feel like paying for an adapter me then you know they don't have to worry about it like I said it's tedious but if you got patience you can do it the initial clear out of the system is done the system memory should be pretty much empty except for the firmware now at this point so we're gonna go ahead and go shut the thing back down again by remember how you do that, okay we're gonna go ahead and turn it off as soon as the system turns off we can eject the card put the old one back in and we'll begin removing the data off of it if you have most of your game data save data saved on to the system memory or backed up in the cloud with intend to switch online then you could just not transfer the data between microSD cards just download all of your digital games or if you have game cards that are even easier just download that stuff from the eShop and then redownload your game progress from the cloud, problem is I don't exactly remember which games support Nintendo switch online cloud saves and which ones don't so I'm just transferring all the data  over so that nothing gets lost anywhere  but you don't necessarily have to is what I'm saying especially if you have cartridges this process will go a lot quicker alright so now we're gonna go back into system settings again back down to data management once again move data between the system and micro SD card it's gonna check and we're going to move things to the system memory so I'll start with the biggest files first and so it looks like Smash Bros might be the only thing that actually gets moved to this time oh no we can move Pokemon home as well so we'll move these two over to pieces of software but one is the the biggest piece of software on the micro sd so here we go I mean it feels like a sinking forever but I'm also just sitting here staring at it not doing anything else and as I say I watched pot never boils and a watch piece of technology never transfers data this process would be much simpler if you had all physical games because all the game content is actually on the game cards itself the only things stored on your system a micro SD card in that case would be your games save data many downloadable content for your games and all that stuff will be much easier to transfer much smaller files I'm literally transferring like whole games over across the SD cards so that's why this is taken forever okay they took about ten minutes but we are done with that Dana move so let's move on to the system memory number one I guess we're gonna go ahead and eject out our older SD card and the the new one that we're going to actually transfer the data on to goes back in and we'll reboot the system alright heading back to same place we lived before so removing both of these things that are on the system memory right now through the micro sd card it looks like this is actually going faster than the moving to the system, memory did on these same files just now so hopefully, that means I haven't actually checked the specs on this older micro SD card but hopefully that means that this new micro SD card actually has faster read and write speeds because loading The games on this card was a little bit slow sometimes so I'm hoping the read and write speeds are a little bit faster so my games a little faster that would definitely be nice I'm noticing something very interesting here that I'm not so sure about so you can see there is no more data available to move to the micro sd card it says everything's moved off the system but you can see there's significantly more system memory taken up than there was where we started this whole process I'm assuming it's just building up a ridiculously large cache or some other forms of useless data and maybe it'll clear itself out as it needs to but I don't know weird so it looks like we can now move Lego Harry Potter and marvelous Rapids over yeah that's a great idea oh yeah I wouldn't get myself a coke yeah it's a coke this time I usually get a dr. pepper I still maintain a dr. pepper is the best drink on the planet but cokes decent as well ah yes here we go try not to break these microSD card I got to turn off the system oh if you forget to turn off the system when you eject the microSD card like I just did it will simply force you to turn it off so that's that oh so there's something under the micro SD card that's less than two hundred and thirty-two megabytes okay I want to know what that is nope those no nevermind okay I tend to dump off Harry Potter and Mario Plus rabbits unto her microSD card yippee ki-yay this time we get to move pokemons sword oh you man let's go oh wait the Legend of Zelda DLC well I guess if anything this is just a neat opportunity for you guys to see all the software that's on my switch dump everything back on the microSD card three things this time cuz the files are getting smaller we can do more things in one go down and a party out of coke, this is very unfortunate the system memory remaining seems to be staying constant at sixteen point seven now so maybe that's the maximum data it allows being cached just useless data I'm assuming this is what all that is I guess we'll find out so now we can move arms New Super Mario Bros u deluxe and my tennis aces and it looks like that's all that's left on this microsd card other than some unspecified amount of smash ultimate data that's own transfer no data can be moved okay well I think there's say data backup for that anyway so doesn't really matter now yeah well dump this last minute data into the new microSD card all right so we're dumping onto this new micro sd card the last three things from these system memory okay with that we should be done nothing else on the system memory ready to be moved to this micro SD card let's check another one real quick all right now there's no software on the system memory or this microSD card it's all in the new one Emma that our work here is finally done.






No comments:

Post a Comment

hi guys thank you for comment

Adbox