Full-Width Version (true/false)

LightBlog

Breaking

LightBlog

2/08/2022

SEASONED SKILLET


Lodge L8SK3 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet

Model NamePre-Seasoned Cast Iron
MaterialCast-iron
BrandLodge
Item Diameter10.25 Inches
ColorBlack

 hey justin rick and welcome back to my channel from time to time I put out a bunch of blogs on whatever uh my channel doesn't really cover anything in specific it could be pets it could plant it could be DIY projects it could be anything so you never know what I'm going to come out with next hit that follower button's down in the corner click that it's going to be running throughout the video that'll subscribe to my channel hit that bell on the blogs  page and and that'll give you anything new that I just put out so let's get to it hey trick and welcome back to my channel from time to time I do blog reviews on different products on most of the products I purchased myself I will let you know if it was uh given to me or donated in some way  this I purchased got this from amazon  you get it from amazon ebay I'll put links at the bottom of the description here on post and you can look them up and if you do click those links I appreciate it a little bit of proceeds will go so that i can purchase more items and do reviews on this is the lodge cast iron skillet pan it's supposedly pre-seasoned it's been made in tennessee since 1896 it says taste the natural difference of just iron and oil keep me in the family and out of the landfill get 125 years of experience at your fingertips this is the 10.25-inch pan which is 10 and a quarter get to know your new lodge cookware cast iron cooking so much more than the type of cookware you use experience and relationship that will last beyond your life ready to get started says let's cook it's already pre-seasoned like we said to clean it you're just going to run some hot water in their great food makes great seasoning now I have other pans um there's other reviews I'll put links to them up there of the other pans that I've done before of cast iron now cast iron is heavy for a lot of people and that's the difficult part about cast iron the cleanup is nice and the non-stick portion of it and you're not getting any of that teflon or anything as it starts to break off on those non-stick pans and you got to replace them every couple years and you can't use metal utensils you have to have some kind of a spatula that is like a neoprene rubber or something like that or a plastic it won't melt so that it doesn't damage a non-stick pan you don't have to worry about that on this,, you can use anything metal and you don't have to change your utensils so to look this over it says lodge right there and it looks like the form on it's pretty good it's a little porous and we'll have to see how that works out if there's any factor in that i see some little bubbling in there as it came out of the form overall it's fairly smooth has a decent handle it says lodge on the back there usa has a little ridge on there for your heating surface I guess but it's pretty solid i would say it's roughly about a quarter inch thick so it's a nice thick pan and it's not real heavy I don't have any way of actually checking it out I mean I do have uh some medical issues so it's hard for me to use a lot of these pans so that's why i'm going down to this 10 instead of the 12 and the 14 I have because you have to use two hands and even if you have to use two hands with this it's nice because you have a handle right here now make sure that you use something so that you don't get burnt when the pan gets hot to put underneath of both the handle and the extension handle over here to pick it up but that helps you I'm going to say this is weighing maybe around five pounds and the handle is fairly long even though I got big hands I'll go ahead and measure that for you so roughly where it starts to flare out you've got about four inches it's measuring at the widest part about an inch and three eight overall to the inside of the pan five inches and the outer surface saying 10 so I'm not really sure how they're getting a quarter out of that unless they're going from the outside of the pan that would be 10 and a quarter now if you go from the little poor spouts they have there that's 10 and a quarter so that's kind of a little bit misleading because if you go from the inside of the pan here it starts to taper out I'm looking at maybe eight and a half inches so in other words you're getting eight and a half inches in this surface area here and then as it starts to taper up the sidewall here you move out to the 10 see 10 inches is right on the inside there so I'm not sure how they're getting a 10 and a quarter I have to bring this up with the manufacturer maybe somebody can email me and let me know how they're measuring that pan if they're measuring from outside the outside like I said it's coming out to about actually ten and three eighths so I don't know where that measurement is coming from so on the bottom here it's in a ring coming out to about seven and five eighths and like I said that cooking surface can't be any more than eight and a half from what I'm looking at here because the sidewall is about a quarter inch thick so I don't know how they get away with 10 and a quarter but hopefully somebody from the manufacturer will contact us or somebody that knows about these better than I do can tell me how they're coming up with 10 and a quarter they clearly have it stated there 10 and a quarter and I just measured it so unless I'm a complete idiot when it comes to measuring these days after 30 years in the construction business somebody tells me why that doesn't come out the same but this will work in my application anyway I'm not a knock on the pan like I said it does have these poor spouts where it's extruded out a little bit here and you can see right there so that when you have it you can pour out your grease or whatever it is you have in there now I do recommend these these little pot holders,, they'll slip over the side here of the handle and then that'll keep you from getting burnt I also have a video on them on these uh pot holders they're actually made by lodge there's a link up there i'll put it up there check that out that review let me know what you think of it so according to this,, they say it's pre-season so let's get to the point we really want to see I'm going to do some eggs in here I'm going to slowly bring the temperature up and we'll see how it works out okay so I'm using a gas burner stove here um you may have an electric stove and with regular pans,, you want to try to bring the temperature up slowly and then once you get up the temperature you're ready to cook so I've already got the burner on and we're bringing it up to temperature the trick with these pans is to know that they're hot enough you want to get a a little bit of water I'm not going to put any non-stick sprays or anything on this and we're going to try it just as the season has in there now that it's pre-seasoned and we're going to test how good the pre-seasoning is of course if it doesn't work out then I have to go through seasoning and pan myself by baking it in the oven and going through that the procedure so let's test it got a little napkin here with a little water and you see it's starting to come up so we know the pan's ready I've already prepared some eggs and some ham and some vegetables for an omelet a little bit of butter so here we go we have the pan going now and I'm going,, to be honest with you I'm seeing some sticking here so I don't know about the pre-seasoned aspect of this it's sticking pretty good so after this is done I'm gonna go through and pre-season this myself so that claim isn't the greatest my other pans no problem at all and I've got some other ones that uh are pretty decent but you can see it's starting to stick so I'm just being truthful here now maybe once we pre-season this it may be a good pan I may have to take a grinder to it because maybe that little bumps and little porous surface there might be catching it that'll work it's still better and healthier than an uh non-stick pan that's got some kind of coating on it because you're gonna get iron in there and you're deficient in iron you're gonna pick it up through your pan here which is great yeah I'll even turn it off the handle's not too hot to where I can't hold on to it so the bottom surface that i can gotten hot real quick being a smaller pan rather than a larger surface fan and I only had it on like two here two and a half and uh that wasn't real hot for a gas stove but it'll work for now okay so before all the haters out there go crazy on me i decided to go ahead and use some canola oil and I greased that pan really really good that's a 10-inch pan and I decided I'll make some pancakes so I mixed up some pancakes in my blend tech some protein pancakes and I went ahead and started a pancake and immediately stuck and I had to scrape the heck out of the bottom of that pan so I'm gonna say before you use these pans even though they say pre-seasoned go ahead and do the baked method in your oven and season them yourself and then go ahead and put more oil on there so I wanted to show you I did do it that way to see if it was my problem because I just went with the seasoned pan and didn't put any oil in it so this time I did now here this is my bayou plan and this is the 12 and I'm gonna finish out my pancakes and this is because that was a fail for right now so I just wanted to let you know that so hey thanks for watching  or how you like this post take care.






No comments:

Post a Comment

hi guys thank you for comment

Adbox