Full-Width Version (true/false)

LightBlog

Breaking

LightBlog

2/02/2022

SUMSUNG GALAXY TABLET

 


Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Wi-Fi 32GB Silver (SM-T500NZSAXAR)

SeriesA7 Tablet 10.4 Wi-Fi
BrandSamsung Electronics
Screen Size10.4 Inches

hey guys this is shane and I'm back with another blog to share my full review of the Samsung galaxy tab a7 is a new affordable budget oriented tablet from samsung it is on sale on their official website, i'll have links down in the description the price is 230 dollars it comes in color silver dark gray and this gold color here it has 32 gigabytes of storage and three gigabytes of ram you can pay 50 more to get 64 gigabytes of storage but my personal recommendation just go on amazon and buy a micro sd card for around 20 you're gonna get a lot more storage for a lot less money so let's see what we get for 230  like I said i've been using this for the last two weeks I just put it back in the box for show see what you get so in this pamphlet here we just have a little bit of paperwork we also have the ejection tool to put the micro sd card into its slot and on the other half here we have a 7.5-watt charger with a usb type a to type c charging cable taking a look at the tablet itself again this is the gold color but to be completely honest this is not really that gold if you compare it to the mystic bronze color of the galaxy tab seven there is a lot more gold going on there this morso looks like a tan color to me when I saw this color on the website i thought I definitely would want to go with this color but now that I have it in hand I would probably prefer to get the silver or dark gray color so just keep that in mind when you're looking to purchase this for yourself now just because this  is a more affordable tablet certainly doesn't mean samsung skimped out on the physical form factor this is a very solid feeling tablet here feels just like any of their other tablets regardless of the price we have an aluminum body construction here on the side, we have a power and volume buttons and a mic we have a single camera setup which we'll check out later and we have that slot for our micro sd card, we have type c here in addition to a headphone jack we have that dual speaker setup two on the top and two on the bottom taking a look at the display we have a 10.4 inch 2000 by 1200 pixel resolution with some fairly larger bezels on the sides here compared to other Samsung tablets but honestly with tablets it's perfectly acceptable you're going to be having your fingers on the edges of the tablet any way you don't want to be hitting that screen by accident so the bezels are forgivable here you can see here I can get a very nice grip on this tablet with no  issues at all now to get into the tab a7 there is facial recognition and I got to tell you guys the facial recognition is amazing on this tablet it works from practically any distance you're sitting from so in this example here I took out the tablet very close to me and I gradually am unlocking the tablet further and further away all the way to the point where the tab a7 is complete across the table and it is still unlocking so it doesn't matter what the orientation you're in it doesn't matter if you're laying in bed or you're looking at it at an awkward angle this is always going to unlock I really enjoyed the facial recognition on the tab a7 but back to the display in terms of the colors and the pixel resolution itself is a great looking display but it is worth noting that it is kind of hard to see the display when you have it turned to its sides compared to some other tablets you may be able to perfectly see it from the side or from another angle so you have to be looking at the tablet straight on but that's probably what you're going to be doing with the tablet anyways it's just worth noting that and also the brightness it gets kind of bright I would say it's definitely not as bright as something like my galaxy tab s7 but it does get bright enough and most times I either have the tablet at about 50 brightness or I have it completely maxed out but now getting into the meat and bones of this review how is actual use with the galaxy tab a7 I am happy to report that my general use case with this tab a7 for the last two weeks has been excellent I have actually been doing most of my tasks on my tab a7 here I was surprised at how much this tablet could do since it is a cheaper tablet and since it does have an inferior processor on paper I was thinking you weren't going to be able to do a whole lot with this tablet but to my surprise all of your general tasks that you already do on a daily basis, this tablet is going to handle it very well so my one use case of course is  content was great on here colors looked good fills up most of the display you don't have extra black chunks on the side or anything I saw some people on other videos and comment sections worried about  rotating the device because on some of the older samsung tablets it's a nuisance trying to rotate to a different orientation without having a lot of lag or anything so here I'm going to show you what it's like turning around the device to a different orientation and yes you do have to wait for a split second, compared to an ipad that pretty much instantly transitions when you turn the tablet but really it's not that big of a deal it works fine it works every time you turn the device all in all no issues there I was also doing a lot of web browsing and surfing the web and online shopping whatever activities you do on the internet handles it very well through the samsung internet app and you can see here that scrolling through web pages it's perfectly fine I'm on google news here we've got a ton of different thumbnails and images and whatnot and it scrolls through it like a champ now I know a big area of concern for a a lot of people here is the three gigabytes of ram on board with this tablet but honestly, it's not that big of a deal yes when you do open an older application you're just gonna have to wait for a split second like right there I just had to wait  just a second for that to open back up  but in day to day use that's not a big deal I didn't need that to  instantly open back up to be satisfied with the experience here you just have to wait a little bit and then it opens back up I was also doing a lot more gaming on the tablet 7 then i thought I would have originally because again I was surprised at how good the gaming performance was here one of my favorite games stardew valley can tend to struggle on some lower end devices and on some ipads as well I had difficulties running a smooth game here but on the galaxy tab a7 really no issues at all sometimes when I would scroll out and look at the whole the entire map at once there would be a little bit of stutter but when you're actually moving your character around performing actions doing tasks there's no lag at all very smooth 60 frames per second experience now I truly believe you can get so much more out of a tablet if you have accessories to go with it so that's why I purchased the official book cover from samsung's website  this is 50 but if you order the tab a7 from samsung.com they give you 50 off so the book cover here for 25 again I've been using this for two weeks I just put it back in the case for show but this is what you're going to get it has a matte rubbery sort of feeling to it it's got some grip to it on the bottom so it's not going to be moving around too much when you have the tablet inside of it you'll see that it's very easy to fit your tablet inside just a couple clicks and you're in and ready to go and what I like the most about this book cover is that when you lift it up it's going to automatically wake that screen is going to initiate the facial recognition so it's going to get you in super quick and then it also just closes right up and puts the tablet to sleep you don't have to be reaching over for the power button because a lot of times with this tablet I'll reach over and I can't tell if I'm hitting the power button or I'm hitting the volume buttons it's so much easier to just open up to  turn it on and close it to turn it off we actually have some good protection here for the tab a7 on some of the other samsung tablets the case doesn't go any further than the the tablet you can see here that the case goes beyond the tablet we have some extra edge on all the sides so I definitely feel like my tablet is more well protected in this book cover compared to some other book covers that samsung sells and of course the biggest benefit here is having some different stand options so you have two magnetic connections for your standard tabletop modes that just feel really good they click in really soft and it just feels really good to click them in and then also we have this mode where it just it's a little bit raised up and this is my preferred use case it really doesn't wobble that much when you press against the screen and you're in this orientation  because you're not connected to any  magnets or anything it's just kind of hanging but it really is the best orientation for me it just brings it up a little bit off the table and it's just great for tabletop use you're just able to very easily see what it is you're doing you're not kind of reaching over you're not kind of hovering over the table to look at your content you can just sit comfortably wherever you are whether it's on the couch or on the table and you're able to see everything you're doing without any issues so overall I highly recommend getting the book cover case to go along with the tab a7 especially if it's only 25 if you're getting it from samsung's website this is a great accessory a couple other accessories that I can also recommend is if you do want a typing experience because there is not a keyboard cover to go with this tablet you can get something like this logitech keyboard for about thirty dollars I'll have a link to it in the description if you're  interested but it's a bluetooth keyboard  so you can use it with other devices in your house it's just portable and has a great typing experience with good key travel end sometimes i do want to type some stuff on my tablet is also a notable omission here from the tab a7 compared to other samsung devices like the samsung galaxy tab of 6 lite is that we do not have an is pen so if you're after that great samsung s pen experience I would recommend spending a little bit more money and going for the galaxy tab 6 lite this comes in at 350 so it is more money but you are getting that s pen and it is great on this the tablet the writing experience is great but that doesn't mean you can't have a pen  experience at all you can just go ahead  and buy a standard stylus off of amazon, i got this little guy for about 11 dollars it has a real solid feeling to it and as you can see here you can use it as a stylus, it's not going to have the same sort of s pen functionality but for a general scrolling and writing and drawing experience this is great it's just a nice companion to have and for how cheap it is I can highly recommend it and you may not even need to go and buy something i just found this random pen in my house and it just happened to have that soft felt stylus tip to it so again you can see here I can just go ahead and just scroll through stuff without any issues at all now something that I should have mentioned way sooner are the speakers so the speakers on this tablet are amazing we have a quad speaker setup and there were so many times in the last two weeks that I enjoyed just throwing on some music just putting it on full blast volume and just having this as my primary audio speaker device i really enjoyed the speakers on this especially for the price usually when you have a lower price device they always skip out on the speakers dolby atmos is onboard so you can go into your quick settings here and turn that on and the great audio is just going to give you a great overall experience now I almost forgot but we do have that single camera on the back and we have the camera on the front here so the camera on the back it's just I mean it's a camera it's there it's really not spectacular by any means but it's just there if you would need it if you would need to capture something in a given moment  but I think more importantly in today's  age with video calls and doing more stuff from home you're going to be using that front camera a lot more often so let's go ahead and listen to a video sample that I have testing out that front-facing camera this is the front-facing camera for the galaxy tab a7 so have it attached here to the bookcase makes a great stand for if you want to prop this up for making some video calls or conferences i think this is definitely going to get done taking a look at the battery life we are down to one percent here after a a full day of use you can see that we got six hours and 50 minutes of screen on time which I think for a tablet of this size with this kind of brightness with this kind of resolution  this is good battery life looking a bit  more in-depth at some specific use cases of that battery consumption an hour and a half of web browsing took about a quarter of the battery 24.1 watching two hours of blogger took about 22 percent of battery and some light gaming in my case playing stardew valley for an hour took about 14 and doing some online shopping on amazon for a half an hour took about five percent so with all those use cases in mind and knowing that you might change around  your screen brightness every now and  then you're gonna get about six to seven hours of real-life use case battery life on this tab a7 and for me personally i am more than happy with that I've been using this tablet way too much today and it got me through the entire day without having to charge back up so for that reason, i'm happy but one thing that I'm not happy about is the charging speeds with that seven and a half watt charger included in the box you can see here that it just takes so long to charge this dang thing and I think it took around four hours to fully charge this also I know you may ask should you get the galaxy tab a 10.1 inch the 2019 model or this new updated galaxy tab a7 and my honest recommendation go with the tab a7 because you're getting a quad speaker setup this tab a 10.1 inches while it is a great tablet and it's a great budget option it just has that one bottom firing speaker and I mean just having four speakers over one having a larger display having this official book cover to go alongside it, there are lots of reasons that I've gravitated towards this a7 over the tab a 10.1 inch and this is a great option if you were looking at the tab s6 lite and you weren't able to afford this tablet which comes in at 350 I know samsung made this tablet to be cheaper than the tab s6 and tab s7 to hopefully reach more customers but this is going to reach even more, people because it's taking a hundred twenty dollars off the price and that's going to bring me to my final verdict on the samsung galaxy tab a7 for the money for the price I can highly highly recommend this tab a7 this thing surprised me way more than I thought it would because i've been extensively using the tab s7 samsung's premium tablet and I thought this thing was just going to be blown away by the tab s7 and it just really wasn't going to be a very good tablet and you should just go  with the s7  and pay more money but for this price and for all the things offered on this tab a7, this is a win I don't know how else to tell you it has pretty good battery life it has a pretty good display it has very good speakers it's a great general media consumption device it's great for light gaming i did some productivity on it with no issues I did some of my work on it and overall pretty good performance everything that I did on this tablet it handled it there really weren't any issues I never had any crashes othing shut down on me you do have to just wait a split second for applications to open just like that happened there but really that's not a big deal and the people who are going to be buying this that doesn't matter you don't need to have blazing fast 120-hertz refresh rate and just getting into stuff in 0.1 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds we have the micro sd card slot to throw in some additional storage should you need it if you're missing that s pen we have writing options like i said you might just be able to find a pen around the house that'll work on this or just go on amazon just get like a 10 stylus and it's going to get the job done at least it got the job is done for me there is so much you can do with this tablet with its affordable price point  and that's going to save you some money  that allow you to buy some other accessories or just a whole other device if you need a new phone or something i'm really liking the galaxy tab a7 and i can highly recommend link is below.







No comments:

Post a Comment

hi guys thank you for comment

Adbox